Rescue and Rehabilitation of Australian Native Animals Inc

Important Update

It is with deep sadness we announce that after over 30 years of voluntary service to the Community RRANA is coming to an end.
Like so many charity groups, we have found it difficult to attract the quantity of new members required to share the ever-increasing workload.
We ask the public to understand that this has been a difficult decision for our members. It is extremely distressing to have to walk away however as of 1st March we will not be in a position to assist with sick, injured or orphaned wildlife, so please do not contact our members directly.
The RRANA phone will be disconnected on 1st March 2024.
In the absence of a voluntary native wildlife rescue group, it becomes the responsibility of NPWS to fill the void. Their number is (08) 8084 2880 as listed in the header of this website.
All calls must be directed to NPWS. Please contact them so that they are aware of the number of animals in the area that need help.
Our members wish to thank the Broken Hill public for their support and generosity over the years.
Thank you,
The RRANA team 💜

Non-native and Domestic animals

All non-native and domestic animals are not able to be supported by RRANA under our native wildlife rescue and rehabilitation licence.

Is it a non-native or domestic animal?

  • If the animal is a domestic pet such as a dog or cat, we suggest contacting a local vet or the NSW RSPCA.
  • If it is a farm animal such as a horse, cow or sheep, try contacting the local council or a nearby property.
  • You can also try calling the police (if you can't get through to council) but remember this may not be a priority for the police force. However, they may be able to refer you to an appropriate number to call.
  • If it is a native animal, or you are unsure, proceed to Contact a wildlife rescuer.


Wildlife Emergencies: 1300 094 737 WIRES support personel may be able to direct you to the appropriate rescuer.

Report a Cruelty Case: 1300 278 3589 NSW RSPCA contact number (if applicable).

Non-native animals NSW DPI - Non-native animals (reporting and biosecurity risks)